1. Labor Day, the first Monday in September, was created …
C. To pay American workers tribute to the contributions made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of the United States.
2. The U.S. Congress, on June 28, 1894, approved Labor Day as a legal holiday for the first Monday of September each year. Which is accurate?
B. Evolved from local and state labor celebrations.
3. All businesses are required to give employees a paid Labor Day holiday.
4. It was traditionally a fashion faux pas to wear what after Labor Day?
5. Labor Day weekend is on one of the holidays on which major retailers often markdown major appliances as well as school supplies and summer attire. Look for other good deals this weekend on:
D. All of the above
6. The U.S. Department of Labor Secretary of Labor is:
C. Eugene Scalia
7. Memorial Day, the last Monday in May, is the unofficial beginning of summer, and Labor Day, the first Monday in September is the unofficial end of summer. They are essentially the same holiday.
B. FALSE (they celebrate two distinctively different things)